How is Artificial Intelligence shaping e-commerce? Online stores selling better by using artificial intelligence have gone on record saying it helps deliver personal experiences. This covers aspects such as personalizing products, addressing the concept of virtual personal shoppers, helping create pre-emptive solutions and delivering insights.
A previous post informed online stores about the Best E-Commerce Solution for growing Businesses.
This one shares 5 ways in which Artificial Intelligence will be impacting ecommerce solutions for small business enterprises in the coming times.
1. Visual Search: Impulse control is slowly becoming obsolete. Software is helping every online store using a leading ecommerce solution create visual search capabilities that allow consumers to upload images and find similar products. These visual search capabilities read items for clues, such as color, shape, size, brand and fabric. Consumers, thus find exactly what they look for immediately.
2. Merging Offline and Online Worlds: Artificial Intelligence is helping merge the world of online and offline. Stores will start giving away more and more information about shoppers which will improve customer experience, creating more opportunities to sell more items. Offline to Online requires minimal steps to shop as well as purchase, giving to the customer a sense of autonomy.
3. Personalized to the Core: These days, most online brands have access to tools focused on creating highly personalized experiences. Retailers are also using collaborative filtering to provide to customers suggestions. These filters, deliver results based on viewed history, best sellers and evergreen trends and other general parameters. There are deep learning algorithms, and online retailers can use these to showcase products in a personalized fashion.
4. The Virtual Personal Shopper is here. Consumers want a personal shopper and there are subscription services available like Stitch Fix, Trunk Club and Birchbox. North Face is an example of a sophisticated ecommerce technology shopping on behalf of users. Product recommendations are being put forth like never before based on natural conversation and cognitive data derived from AI. These personal shoppers are good at analyzing huge data quantities in lesser time.
5. Consumers are curious to know how AI can change the face of Retail. They believe brands using AI will be able to predict with accuracy what they seek. They feel brands using AI will be able to show more interesting products. AI is being touted as the next big thing for retailers to thrive and make shopping experiences personal. AI can help break down silos, create intellectual personalization capabilities and monetize products.
This is how Artificial Intelligence is shaping e-commerce and in times to come, better things can be expected. If yours is an online store, you would want to consider using AI, just like an E-Commerce Integration with ERP.